Monday, February 27, 2012

Not So Fast

The 6-foot-6-inch high school sophomore Vincent Edwards is backing off his messages on twitter that more than indicated he would verbally commit to Purdue.

Obviously, any message that involves teenagers and twitter needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but it was pretty blatant that he was going to verbal to Purdue.

From his, "I got some news for coach @MicahShrews"(Assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry) tweet, to his mom changing her twitter handle to @futureboilermom. And on top of that, all the #BoilerNation mentions.

But as soon as the public and Purdue fans got wind of all of this, Edwards was just as fast to deny that he was committing to Purdue, at least as of now.

He tweeted these messages early Monday morning:

"Just to set the record straight I have not made a commit to anywhere don't get me wrong I like Purdue but all  this out hand and 2 much"

"Purdue is a great school don't get me wrong but I'm still young and have not made a commitment yet this is getting way out of hand"

"If I make a commitment I will let you guys know but I have not made a commitment to Purdue"

The sophomore from Middletown, OH., is reportedly averaging around 15 points and 12 rebounds for the season and is regarded as one of, if not the best player in his class from Ohio.

Obviously it's very early, but it does add to a frustrating list of recruiting struggles in the past 6 months or so for Purdue. Could it be due to some pressure from people in Ohio similar to Derek Willis and Kentucky? Who knows and it doesn't do much good to just speculate.

No comments:

Post a Comment